Headlights play a significant role in preventing accidents. They provide the light needed to see the road ahead in poor weather or at night. They can help you improve your reaction time if you need to brake suddenly or swerve to avoid an obstacle. Also, they help other drivers see your car.
In this post, we’ll talk about the types of headlights and why it’s so important to keep them in good shape. Keep reading!
Different Types Of Car Headlights
There are different headlight bulb types, and whatever the headlight type you choose, they fulfill their main function in keeping you safe on the road:
- Halogens: Halogens are the most common type of headlights used in cars. They are designed to help improve visibility in foggy or dusty conditions. There are 3 primary types of halogen lights used in automotive applications: headlights, taillights, and fog lights.
- LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes): LEDs are becoming increasingly popular car headlights as they are more energy efficient and have a longer lifespan than halogens.
- Xenon/HID (High-Intensity Discharge): These headlights use a gas discharge system to produce a bright light. They’re usually more expensive than other headlights but offer improved visibility.
- Laser: Laser headlights are the newest type of headlight technology and use a laser to create a beam of light. They offer superior visibility compared to other types of headlights.
Consequences Of Not Keeping Headlights In Top Condition
Headlights are an essential part of a car and require maintenance. Over time, they can become dull and yellowed from road grime, UV rays, and other environmental factors.
If they are not taken care of properly, you might face very serious consequences:
- Decreased Visibility: Your car headlights are supposed to give you the best visibility; however, if they’re broken or have stains, they won’t work as they should. Stains can even reduce visibility by 30%, increasing the risk and possibility of accidents with a non-visible object.
- Deadly Accidents: Many people walk or use bicycles at night, and it’s the driver’s responsibility to spot them with their headlights. If they’re in bad condition, it can cause a deadly accident.
- Expensive Fees: Driving with damaged or stained headlights is illegal besides dangerous.
Grease Monkey Auto Glass At Your Service
If you’re double thinking about the current state of your headlights, let us introduce you to Grease Monkey Auto Glass. We’re a committed company that provides rapid headlight restoration services for every car bulb type. If your automobile has been in an accident or the headlights stop working, we can help.
Don’t waste any more time deciding whether you should repair them. If you don’t do it, you could be risking your life. Our company can repair your headlights in no time, saving you from stressful tasks and providing safe driving conditions.
We have over 8 years of providing auto glass repair services. We guarantee that whatever the headlight bulb type and the issue is, we’ll get it solved. You don’t have to pay for costly and unreliable services; we’ll deliver a result that is 100% worth your money.